Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Woods’ ex-wife went ‘through hell’

Tiger Woods’ ex-wife Elin Nordegren said she has “been through hell” since her husband’s infidelity surfaced but she never hit

him, according to an interview released Wednesday.

Nordegren told People magazine she and Woods tried for months to reconcile the relationship. In the end, a marriage “without trust

and love” wasn’t good for anyone, she said.

On Thanksgiving night outside their Florida home, Woods drove his SUV over a fire hydrant and into a tree, setting off shocking

revelations that sports’ biggest star had been cheating on his wife through multiple affairs. The couple officially divorced

Monday.
Nordegren told People that she never hit Woods on the night of the car crash.

“There was never any violence inside or outside our home,” she said. “The speculation that I would have used a golf club to hit

him is just truly ridiculous.”

Nordegren said Woods left the house that night and when he didn’t return after a while, she got worried and went to look for him.

She said that’s when she found him in the car.

“I did everything I could to get him out of the locked car,” she said. “To think anything else is absolutely wrong.”

The magazine said the interview was conducted over four visits lasting a total of 19 hours at the rented Windermere, Fla., home

where she now lives with their two children.

“I’ve been through hell,” the Swedish-born Nordegren said. “It’s hard to think you have this life, and then all of a sudden—was it

a lie? You’re struggling because it wasn’t real. But I survived. It was hard, but it didn’t kill me.”

In an interview on NBC’s “Today” show on Wednesday morning, People magazine reporter Sandra Sobieraj Westfall said Nordegren and

her team approached the publication.

Westfall said Nordegren wanted people to know three things: she’s not violent and never hit Woods; she had no idea this was going

on; and it was a real marriage for her.

Nordegren and Woods were married Oct. 5, 2004, in Barbados and have a 3-year-old daughter, Sam, and an 18-month-old son, Charlie.

In the interview, Nordegren would not disclose the amount of the divorce settlement but did say “money can’t buy happiness or put

my family back together.”

“I’m so embarrassed that I never suspected—not a one. For the past 3 1/2 years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more

with pregnancies, then the children and my school.”

Woods, who was playing a pro-am round at The Barclays in Paramus, N.J., early Wednesday, hasn’t commented on the couple’s divorce.

Shortly before 8 a.m., when the People magazine story broke, his agent, Mark Steinberg, stepped outside the ropes of the first

fairway and was on the phone for the next 10 minutes, as was Woods’ spokesman, Glenn Greenspan.

Nordegren said she would eventually forgive Woods, but that she is still working on it.

“Forgiveness takes time,” she said. “It is the last step of the grieving process.”

Meantime, Nordegren said she is excited to start the next chapter of her life and intends to stay in the U.S. with her children.

Get to Know Miss Universe 2010 Jimena Navarrete

Her dream became a reality last night (August 23) as Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete was crowned as 2010 Miss Universe.

The Guadalajara-born beauty beat out eighty-two other pageant contestants and will hold the reign of Miss Universe for an entire

year.

In her year of being in the spotlight, Ms Navarrete hopes to bring attention to people with HIV/AIDS and breast cancer - but she

also plans to let “the whole world know about my country and my people.”

Her most prized possession is her sash. Why? Because it "has Mexico's name. I'm very proud to be representing my country and it's

a big honor for me,” she explains.

In other news, during a pre-pageant interview, Jimena revealed a helpful tip for men everywhere. She told, "The advice that I can

give to all the men in the world, it would be to be more sensitive, more lovely or to express in an easy way [what] you're

feeling.”

Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete, Miss Universe 2010

Jimena Navarrete Winner Of 59th Miss Universe Pageant 2010

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Split Between the Two Parts of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Revealed

It was not a big surprise to fans when it was announced that the film adaptation of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" would be divided into two separate movies. After all, the final book in J.K. Rowling's immensely popular series is a 759-page long epic culminating in a massive battle sequence and the final showdown between Harry and Lord Voldemort.

But the big question for many Potter fanatics was exactly where in the book would the split between the movies happen. In the most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, the dividing line was finally revealed, and it happens much later in the story than anticipated.

SPOILER WARNING: If you haven't read the book or want to be surprised when you see the movie, stop reading now


According to EW's story, the first film will end at the conclusion of Chapter 24 of the book. That is the moment where Voldemort retrieves the Elder Wand from the tomb of Professor Dumbledore. The wand is one of the Deathly Hallows, the three magical items that can be used to defeat death.

The book has 36 chapters, not including the epilogue, so the split occurs two-thirds of the way through the story. Director David Yates says that breaking up the novel in this way creates a sense of two distinct movies. He said, "I didn't want the two films to feel similar in tone." He describes the first part as "quite verite, quite real," while the second is "much more operatic and colorful and fantasy-oriented."

The first film will be sort of a road movie, with Harry, Ron and Hermione outside of the protection of Hogwarts as they hunt down the missing Horcruxes -- secret objects that each contain a piece of Voldemort's soul. They must destroy all the Horcruxes to vanquish the Dark Lord once and for all. That leaves the second movie to be an action-packed spectacle, with the forces of evil descending on Hogwarts for the final battle. In a behind-the-scenes video, Daniel Radcliffe describes "Part II" as "relentless... it's a really, really fast ride. It's going to be so much action, so much fighting, but in a good, epic way."

The filmmakers are quick to refute the notion that the decision to make two movies was entirely motivated by greed. Studio president Alan Horn tells EW, "There's no question that Warner Bros. will make more money with two films than they would have with one." Still, he emphasizes that they would not be splitting the movies if Rowling had not supported their decision.

Of course, doubling the number of films meant doubling the amount of work the actors had to do. The shoot lasted over a year-and-a-half, starting in February of 2009 and wrapping last June. All told, production on the eight "Harry Potter" films spanned a full ten years, roughly half the lives of stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

INTERTOTECH

Popular Posts